Governing Body / School Standards Board
School Strategy Board members (formerly Governors) are one of the largest volunteer forces in the country and have an important part to play in raising school standards. The GLF Trust Board delegates certain functions to School Strategy Boards (SSBs), which form the local governance level within GLF schools. Further information about governance at GLF Schools can be found via the following link:
The role of the School Strategy Board (SSB) is absolutely key to the effectiveness of Lightwater Village and Hammond Junior Schools. SSB members provide strategic leadership and accountability. Individual SSB members may not act independently of the rest of the Board, decisions are the joint responsibility of the SSB.
The role of the SSB is a strategic one, its key functions are to:
- set the aims and objectives for our school
- set the policies for achieving our aims and objectives
- set the targets for achieving our aims and objectives
- monitor and evaluate the progress Lightwater Village and Hammond Junior Schools are making towards achievement of their aims and objectives
- be a source of challenge and support to the Executive Head Teacher (a critical friend)
Mrs L Parsons, Executive Head Teacher is responsible for the internal organisation, management and leadership of the schools and the implementation of the strategic framework established by the SSB.
If you wish to contact the SSB please do so via letter to the school address. Please address the letter to the SSB and mark it private and confidential.
|Chair of Governors
Vacancy (Parent Member election in progress)
Claire Coleman (Community Member)
Lee Parsons (Executive Head)
|Clerk to Governors
For full, up to date information for all members over the last 12 months can be found through our website here: